Friday, January 30, 2009

71 Days Before My Second Debut: Premarital Sex


I was shocked when my mother told me that two of my cousins are getting married, only because their respective girlfriends are pregnant. It upset me because my cousins are not yet prepared for married life and fatherhood, emotionally, physically, psychologically, spiritually, and of course financially. They don’t have stable job. They didn’t even finish their studies. They are very young. It breaks my heart that my cousins will be embracing a life that I know they can handle but they will have to encounter so many difficulties because they are not prepared. And it happened just because of premarital sex.

What is premarital sex? The Bible refers to premarital sex as fornication, a very uncommon word which means sexual intercourse involving two people who are not married to each other.

Is it moral? But who will decide if it’s moral? For me, it depends on the norms of the people. But if you will look into the Bible, premarital sex is just as much of a sin as all other forms of sexual immorality. God made sex not just for the enjoyment of the married couple to get the pleasure of sexual relations but also for re-creation of new generations. Only if people are guided about this thing called sex, there will be no unwanted pregnancy, sexually transmitted diseases, unwed mothers and abortion.

Nose bleed. I’m in deep thought. I have to stop this. Hehe!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sex, or "making love" is the truest form of showing how much you love someone ayon sa mga relationship expert... It requires respect, commitment, and trust...Kaso nadudungisan na ngayon...Makatikim lang ng "luto ng Diyos"... It's a shame really...