Thursday, January 29, 2009

72 Days Before My Second Debut: Deal or No Deal


Yesterday, I received a txt message from the staff of Kapamilya TV Show Deal Or No Deal. I was given a chance from the list of texters through the ABS-CBN Interactive to play for Deal Or No Deal. I was very happy and excited and nervous. I told the news to my family and friends. They, too, were excited. They even asked to join me as my guests when I play. Some suggested a number to choose. Some also asked for ‘balato’ or share. But then, I have to pass the selection process first before I can play.

Again, I did not come to office. I left the house early to avoid the morning rush and not to be late for the screening. But there’s no traffic at all, thanks to NLEX. I was very early. But to my surprise, 100 people were earlier to come and were already in line. So I queue with them and get to meet few people, Kuya Robert and Peach. Kuya Robert is from ParaƱaque and Peach is from Cavite. I saw different people: those who dressed up not only for Deal or No Deal screening but also for the chance to be discovered to become an artist; those who didn’t bother to be presentable to make people sympathize with them; those you would really think came from afar because they look exhausted; and those hopefuls to be given a chance to play Deal or No Deal.

We were given the exams at the studio where they tape Deal or No Deal. It’s smaller than what we think, because it looks bigger in television. We were entertained by a staff (He’s also the one who texted us. I forgot the name). Dr. Randy Dellosa administered the examination. It was a psychological exam in dictation. Well, I did not pass.

I wanted to go to the office after that because I still have time to catch ‘half day’ but headache suddenly attacked so I immediately went home.

It was a great experience. It made me dream of the things I want to achieve using money. Hehe! And I know, for sure, 179 people with me on the first batch of screening were also wishing for a chance to play this game of luck. You can’t blame us. With the economic crisis affecting every single person around the world, who doesn’t want to have money in an instant? If luck permits, who wouldn’t grab that kind of opportunity?

So I say, Deal to luck (I would like to add prayers and faith) and No Deal to financial crisis.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish you all the luck you'll need...