Tuesday, October 14, 2008

sign of aging


Last Sunday night, my friend, James invited me to have dinner with him and his friend. So i suggested a place called "E-haws", 'coz it has delicious grilled food. As in yumyum.. It has no spoon and fork, you have to eat with your hands, the Filipino way..

While we are waiting for our order, I saw an old friend, my high school classmate, Grechel (I hope i'm right). We smiled at each other with something on our mind, *wink*. Then, her first words are, "May asawa ka na?" I answered, "Wala pa. Ikaw?" She ended it with, "Wala pa rin."

Hmm.. I don't know if it's in the appearance that we ask people if they are married or if they have children. Sakit naman kung ganun, di ba? But I think, it's a sign of aging.. At our age right now, and with the kind of society we have at this time, people expect you to be married or have your own family. (And look losyang..)

hmm.. Not now. Not ever (as for the losyang).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ganire po kasi iyan...Yung edad po kasi "ninyo" eh yung edad na karaniwan na lumalagay na sa tahimik ang isang tao...Kumbaga eh "hindi ka na bata."My parents were only 23 when they had me and I'm the second child...Anyway,I'm not telling you to marry agad-agad.Marriage and raising a family is very hard lalo na kung ang napili mong "katuwang" eh hindi nakakatulong sayo...So choose wisely.Though maganda ren ang magkapamilya ng maaga para ikaw ang pinakabata (at pinaka maganda) sa PTA meetings.Hehehe!