Monday, June 8, 2009

First Week of School


Angel started her schooling in Barasaoian Memorial Elementary School as a kinder student. She was not really excited because the week prior to her first week of school, she was not interested of writing or reading. We always scare her by telling her that we will send her back to Pangasinan if she will not study. But she will always answer, "My siblings are not studying in Pangasinan. Why do you want to send me back?"

Anyway, on her second day in school, she got her first star because she answered her teacher in English. Affirming her gender, she said, "I am a girl." She had a perfect score in her coloring book on the third day, giving her her second star. She had her third star on the fourth day when she connected the dots properly.

Angel's first week of school is fun not only for Angel but also for me. Despite of spending money for her tuition and uniform and school supplies, I enjoyed dressing her up, covering her books and notebooks, and testing my patience with her question-filled stories every afternoon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ang saya naman nun... ^_^

superbandam said...

wow..how touching...miss ko na si angel..