Friday, September 19, 2008

I Changed My Number


There are reasons why you change something about yourself. For example, changing your hair-do, wearing black or white, putting nail polish or different color of make-up, wearing glasses, changing contact numbers and many more. When you do any of these, they say that you want to forget something, you want to change your outlook in life, you’re hiding from something or someone, or maybe you had just broke up with your romantic partner.

Last August 26, I changed my Smart number and on September 11, I changed my globe number. To some, who are not so close to me, this is just about changing number, nothing more. But to those people who I think loves me dearly, they asked so many questions which at first is very irritating.

Hey, guys, what’s wrong with changing numbers? One friend said, “Is this part of moving forward? Anyway, I’m happy for you.” Another pal told me, “Tol, I know you, are you avoiding somebody? Basta, if there’s any problem, I’m just here.”

OMG! My friends, if you really know me, ang dali ko kayang makalimot ng lalaki! Hehe! At super tagal na nun noh! 2½ years na ang nakalipas. At di nyo ba alam ang other side of Nysa? Business-minded din kaya ako. Kaya po ako bumili ng bagong sim ay para mag-autoload at e-load. Promise. Yan lang po talaga ang dahilan.

Siguro nadamay na lang sa pagiging business-minded ko ang pagkawala ng mga txtmates, yung mga lalaking nanliligaw na di ko type, at ang past. But still, hindi po to ang main reason why I changed sim.

But I do appreciate the concern. I realized that my friends really love me because they are glad that I’m moving on, este, I changed numbers. But just to clarify, I had moved on, long ago, and you don’t have to worry about me. And currently, I have no romantic attachment, so I don’t have to be like a broken-hearted-emo-girl on the corner.

Sabi ng isang friend ko, “tol, sabihin mo lang, 'maniwala ka', at maniniwala ako.”

Guys, I am telling you, this is purely business. Maniwala ka!

No comments: